Our Family

Our Family

Monday, December 15, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow....

Well we woke up this morning to 5 inches of snow. Yes I said 5 inches. I know, I know for all of you in Idaho you are thinking "big deal Jenn" but it is a big deal...a VERY big deal here. Beatty is located 6 miles from Death Valley so it is very warm here, but occasionally we get snow. Last year we didn't and the kids were very disappointed. However, as you can imagine they woke up to 5 inches and they are ELATED!!! They were all volunteering to go clean the steps and brush the cars off. I just know after school they will be making snowmen and having snowball fights. We are supposed to have snow for the remainder of the week....I haven't missed it but at least it is close to Christmas!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy cow! How cold is it there? Will it stay or melt away?

heidi said...

That is cool. It is so freezing here. I would like the snow if it stayed for a couple of days and then melted. Hope the kids have fun in it.

Paul and Jennifer Gurule said...

Unfortunatly the snow is gone off the ground, but it is supposed to snow or rain on and off until Thursday.