Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yes It Gets Cold in the Desert...and other general happenings of Beatty

Ok, I haven't posted anything since the wedding pictures. But I think that my life is sometimes so boring that who really wants to know. But since I don't get to talk to all of you everyday I guess it may be interesting to you. This weekend a major cold front moved into southern Nevada. Last week I was still running my central air this week it is the heater. The temperature dropped from 90 to high 50's getting into the low 30's at night.

Friday was our homecoming game...we lost by a touchdown. The boys have 2 more games, one in Alamo this Saturday and our final home game on the 25th. I am glad because Paul and I have sacrificed every single Saturday for the last two months for these kids!! I know, it is for my son too. That is one of the reasons that I agreed to be cheerleading advisor again because I would get to spend time with my son. On top of all this I have been working very steady and going to school. I am winding down my first term at WGU. Being the end of the term I am starting to stress (feeling guilty for blogging and not doing my preassesment).

Well enough about the adults boring life and onto the kids. Ben and Jacob are doing really well. They are both getting very good grades and they are the waterboys for the team. They are growing up so fast. Halle is Miss Attitude (don't feel bad Heidi) and will be turning 4 on Saturday. Joseph is doing really good. He is adjusting quite well to Beatty life. He is getting good grades, staying somewhat out of trouble, and playing football. I know he is gonna die if I tell you all this but he had a girlfriend for a whole week!!! He asked out one of my cheerleaders and they "went out" for a whole week. She broke up with him because she said her dad didn't want her to have a boyfriend. He said it was all good cuz he was gonna break up with her anyway because there was no "spark" left. Ok, so how the heck does he know what a spark is when all they see each other is at school. He was allowed to talk to her on the phone for an hour until he got grounded for catching attitude with me. He isn't too broken up about it he says it is just another "phase." Aye Aye Aye!!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like things are going good. We won't tell Joseph you told us. I think I was 12 when I "went out" for the first time! Crazy!

heidi said...

Tell Joseph he is too young for a girlfriend. :) I always use to tell him that. I am glad that he is adjusting. I hear you about the attitude.

heidi said...

I'm so HAPPY you guys are coming for Thanksgiving. Mel and I were talking and we want to take some family pictures. We haven't for years and there are 5 new grandchildren since our last one and now 2 new husbands too. So plan on it. We don't know where yet, but we'll try to come up with something.