Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Halle-isms"

A few days ago I was reading on my sister Heidi's blog about sometimes as mothers we don't take time to notice the little things that happen everyday with our children. I can't begin to say how true that is. While I love each and every one of my children with all my heart, there is just something about my little girl that makes me smile everytime you mention her name. I don't know if it from having all boys, that having this little girl is a breath of fresh air. Don't get me wrong she is a little spit fire and has a mind of her very own, at her tender age of 3. I decided to share some of her little sayings with you, which I call "Halle-isms." I hope you get as big of a kick out of these as Paul and I did.

1. One of Halle's favorite cartoons is Ni Hoa Kai Lan it is about a little Chinese girl and her friends. We were in Vegas at Applebees and a rather pretty Asian girl is our hostess and greets us as we walk in. Halle grabs her shirt and tugs on it and says, "Did you know I can speak Chinese too?" Ok the hostess was gracious and didn't say anything but she probably wasn't even Chinese.

2. That same day, mind you, we were at an appointment for Paul's daughter. The office was soooooo busy there were tons of people. Halle was getting bored and a little fussy. I started showing her pictures in magazines and making up stories. She grabs a "Self" magazine with a drop dead gorgeous model with a body to die for. Halle announces (rather loudly) "DANG!! This girl is UGLY!!" Ok, so much for lessons in manners. I wanted to crawl under the chair and hide.

3. At Ben and Jacob's spring choir concert Halle and I were sitting below some kids from the junior high. There was this boy that smelled like he hadn't taken a shower for at least a month. Imagine the smell of B.O., rotten sneakers, and dirty laundry, mixed in with whatever they had for dinner that night. Halle kept whispering to me "Mommy let's go, that boy stinks!" I kept trying to divert her attention, because I couldn't move until the boys had sang. Well finally my beautiful daughter had had enough. She got off my lap, turned around, and yelled, yes yelled to this poor 6th grader, "YOU STINK!! GO HOME AND TAKE A BATH!" And of course she had to add her gagging and choking sounds! Oh, man I wished I was invisible that day.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

How embarassing! Kids don't have any filters!!! I remember when Zach called a WOMAN Yoda in front of her!

Paul and Jennifer Gurule said...

Somedays I wish I had a mute button!! Zach is soo funny, sometimes they call them like they see them.

Melanie said...

She did have big ears!

Paul and Jennifer Gurule said...

Was she green too?